Minnesota Math and Science Academy will offer a wide range of summer programs for elementary, middle and high school students. Programs will be focused on helping students engage in unfinished learning following this unprecedented school year, with a focus on mathematics, literacy, SEL, and preparing for the next grade level.
For our elementary and middle school students in grades K – 8, our curriculum is focused on the following:
- Engaging lessons and project-based learning
- English language development for newcomer ELs
- Foundational ELA and math skills necessary for the next grade
- Social-emotional learning
For our high School students in 9 -11, Minnesota Math and Science Academy Credit Recovery Program is designed for students who have not successfully earned credit in the traditional classroom setting. Students are given an opportunity to recoup credits through online classes which cover the content originally delivered in a face-to-face class. Core classes are delivered through a web-based instructional program, Edgenuity. Students complete lessons, assignments, and assessments, working toward pre-set targets for successful completion. Online courses, containing multimedia content and assignments, are monitored by a certified teacher.
Motivated students can complete 2-3 semester credits during summer school. Students work on 1 course until it’s complete before moving onto a 2nd course. Credits are Pass/Fail.
Once registered, your college counselor, Ms. Serpil will identify which course(s) need to be recovered. Students will receive a confirmation notice that includes information about your scheduled course(s) and teacher(s)
Programs will be offered:
- At no cost to students and families
- With both virtual and in-person options available for K-8 students.
- Registration will open May 28 and remain open until June 11
- Runs 5 days per week (except July 2-9), approximately 4.0 hours per day (elementary and middle school programs)
- High school credit recovery courses